January 16, 2023
Newprint is a Canadian company and a family-owned business with a long, multi-generational printing history. We began as an offset printing company in 1990 serving businesses and organizations in the National Capital Region. While we continue to provide printing services in Ottawa, we have since expanded to serve clients throughout Canada and beyond. We are proud to be a printing services provider to a wide range of clients across North America. As a qualified supplier to various government departments, we have implemented meticulous quality control measures. We use these same measures for all of our clients, from non-profit to public and private companies. One of our goals is to create innovative products and unique solutions for our customers. We use tools from Esko’s and EFI’s catalogue of programs to help streamline and expedite this process, as well as equipment from Heidelberg and Xerox to deliver a finished product.
We are looking for a self-motivated, organized, creative, accurate, detail-oriented and customer-oriented Senior Estimator with extensive print knowledge and estimating experience. This individual is a true proffesional, a team player, is computer literate, thrives in a fast-paced environment and embraces challenges. The Senior Estimating level is distinguished by the degree of difficulty in the preparation of printing specifications, the greater variety of equipment needed, the variety and complexity of the printed matter, and the degree of detail required in writing the specifications.
Daily Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Ability to effectively prepare estimates for complex jobs and resolve complicated issues.
- Analyze documentation to prepare time, cost, materials, and labor estimates.
- Evaluate all methods available for producing a job and provide quotes based on the most economical method and best production plan.
- Consult with the appropriate department managers to determine production capabilities and optimal production process.
- Must evaluate individual responsibilities and use initiative and resourcefulness to develop new methods, criteria or propose new policies.
- Prepare estimates used by management for purposes such as planning, organizing, and scheduling work.
- Perform job cost analysis.
- Maintain estimating standard procedures.
- Supervise Assitant Estimator
Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
- Minimum 5-7 years of estimating experience in the printing/packaging industry.
- Strong math, computer, and analytical skills.
- Ability to effectively communicate with strong, written and verbal communication
- Ability to work well under tight deadlines for projects of various size and scope.
- Must have a comprehensive knowledge of all printing processes, paper, ink, computer operation and purchasing.
- Complete ability to calculate the quality of paper, ink, plates and the time required to complete each job.
- Strong analytical skills, able to see connections in data and historical trends
- Custom databases
- ERP software
- Automated workflows
- Knowledge of Macintosh computer operating system, Adobe and other industry graphics software would be an asset