Newprint is a Canadian company and a family-owned business with a long, multi-generational printing history. We began as an offset printing company in 1990 serving businesses and organizations in the National Capital Region. While we continue to provide printing services in Ottawa, we have since expanded to serve clients throughout Canada and beyond. We are proud to be a printing services provider to a wide range of clients across North America. As a qualified supplier to various government departments, we have implemented meticulous quality control measures. We use these same measures for all of our clients, from non-profit to public and private companies. One of our goals is to create innovative products and unique solutions for our customers. We use tools from Esko’s and EFI’s catalogue of programs to help streamline and expedite this process, as well as equipment from Heidelberg and Xerox to deliver a finished product.
We are looking for a skilled Digital Printing/Large-Format Press Operator to effectively fulfill client printing orders and requests. While fulfilling these orders, the operator must be able to change the variables in the printing press set-up, such as dimension, color or contrast, as required. The chosen individual can expect to have numerous printing projects going at the once and will be responsible for creating schedules that reflect various deadlines. In addition, the operator may also need to play the role of a digital press repairman if maintenance on one of the machines is required.
Daily Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Review department job tickets, managing workflow to ensure all orders are completed on time, and consistently meeting customers’ expectations while maximizing machine efficiency
- Monitor assigned machine adjusting speed, temperature, ink flow and positions of products to ensure machine is maintaining the proper registration and/or proper cut and scoring specifications
- Inspect and examine printed products for print clarity, color accuracy, conformance to specifications and external defects to ensure high quality of products are produced
- Maintain inventory levels and regular equipment maintenance schedules
- Complete and maintain all required paperwork, records, documents, etc
- Report any and all workplace hazards, work related injuries, illnesses, and/or near misses to management immediately
- Keep all work areas/work stations in compliance with our housekeeping guidelines
Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
- B.Tech, degree from a related field or equivalent work experience
- Experience in a wide-format or large-format production environment is a plus although we will provide further training
- Ability to read and comprehend job tickets and customer specifications
- Experience using Adobe Creative Suite: InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop.
- Able to effectively prepare and troubleshoot a variety of file formats and edit PDF documents.
- Understand RIP software and color management
- Excellent attention to detail